It’s my 31st birthday and, according the schedule set out by my 24-year-old self, I should be 70% more awesome. I am only 24.46% more awesome.
I’ve been playing to my strengths (writing, music, jokes, being a nice guy) instead of focusing on areas that would give me serious point gains (savings, home ownership, backflips, burn outs).
While the definition of ‘awesome’ has changed a fair bit over the last seven years, I’ve committed to see this through.
- Stylish board shorts
- Rocking out
- Being a really fun drunk guy
- Making friends
- High fiving
- Being in love.
- Sweet pets
- Impressive wheels
- Owning a house
- Whistling with my pinky
- Doing a backflip.
- Rolling a cigarette (up 40%)
- Being best man /speech maker/important friend at special occasion (up 40%)
- Opening beers without a bottle opener (up 30%)
- Smoking while playing guitar (up 30%)
- Being good at art/graphics (up 30%)
- Savings (down 40%)
- Sunglasses (down 40%)
- How far I can run (down 30%).